1. i have never received valentine’s day flowers before, until this valentine’s day 2012. the funny thing is that on monday i kept telling my co worker’s, “i hope someone gets flowers tomorrow so i can take pictures of it and look at it!” and i was the only one that got flowers. *aaaaw!* and not only 1 dozen…but 2 dozen! i absolutely love flowers. they’re beautiful, looking at them makes me happy, they smell good…i grew up around flowers (plumerias and gardenias in particular) so i just love them.
2. i have been looking into finding a makeup brush set. during my online search for one, i decided to look up blogs about makeup brushes and stumbled upon a video clip from EnKore that compared makeup brushes to paint brushes! very neat and very interesting…i can’t seem to upload the video, so here is the link.
3. i made an impulse buy…i blame it on working with the personal assistant to the VP of our company. she used to work for sephora and has her “cosmetics certification” if i said that right. i spent a good few days talking to her about cosmetics and beauty products. i knew i was going to get into trouble discussing that with her, she is very knowledgeable. i also blame it on the particular item that i bought because it was a pretty popular valentine’s day gift to girls from their boyfriends and husbands. so…i bought the urban decay naked palette 2.
amazon is selling this palette for over $60. at sephora it is $50. i’m sure it’s going to be one of the best $50 i’ve spent. i’ve heard lots of amazing reviews on the naked 1 but i wanted the naked 2 first. eventually i will get the naked 1. =) i’ll put that on my wish list. i see a makeup and beauty products obsession coming on…as if i didn’t have it already.
4. rumor has it that the ipad3 is coming out soon, so i figure i’d wait until it does. for now, my apple gift cards must hang out in my bedroom.
5. i have had a mac-n-cheese kick lately. sometimes i’ll make it for breakfast, too. i have no idea what’s up with that. and no, i am not pregnant.
6. i had a gift wrap station in the hallway of northpark center from february 1 to valentine’s day. it was definitely one of the most fun experiences i have had at work. some of the popular items that i gift wrapped this holiday were christian louboutins, louis vuitton handbags, lululemon yoga gear, james avery jewelry, sperry shoes, michael kors handbags, perfumes, and those overpriced godiva chocolate covered strawberries. they better be wrapped, half a dozen costed $50. i was surprised that i did not wrap much from victoria’s secret. very surprised.
7. my brother said i’d be a lot cooler if i knew how to make mocha cupcakes. thanks to my great friend, jessica, who gave me the big book of cupcakes by betty crocker, there is a mocha-caramel cappuccino cupcake recipe. all we gotta do is not put caramel and we’ve got a winner. i don’t hate caramel, my brother just doesn’t want it. i also looked at a recipe for oreo cupcakes. that sounds interesting. i’m definitely down for doing mocha cupcakes soon. i love coffee.
8. i haven’t been liking my eyebrows lately. i think i need to get them shaped and trimmed. they’ve been just bugging me. that’s what happens when i get my dad’s eyebrows. but i love my dad, so i don’t mind TOO much.
9. i have been doing terrible with my journal writing. shame on me…*sad face*
10. sometimes i refuse to log in to pinterest because i know it will suck me in for a handful of hours and i won’t care about anything else. and i thought facebook was bad!
that is all.